View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Awesome. So please tell me, who is this guy we are able to get for the PG position? Blabla Rondo isnt the perfect piece or fit - of course. But are there any BETTER options? I dont see them.
I don't see that there are any other reasonable options than Reggie Jackson/Patrick Beverly. Jackson actually would be odd as he is too young by Mavs' standards, also he doesn't help with outside scoring. Beverly mostly helps out with defensive effort but doesn't seem to have much upside, just solid player. These are the only 2 names I can come up with that are available if Mavs would consider letting Rondo go.

Thing to remember is that you won't see what Rondo really adds to the team until playoffs start. And also you don't know how much he would improve his game before next season - by improvement I mean adding J-Kidds 3 point shot.

I think all can agree that Rondo-Ellis-Parsons is an odd fit if neither one of them is coming off the bench. Rondo with 3PT scoring skills would help out but in the end I think all depends on how much Parsons is willing to reinvent himself into pure shooter. He doesn't seem to be much of a defender but he can also improve his rebounding.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote