View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #901
bvbull200

bvbull200 will become famous soon enough

Correlation does not imply causation.

I get that the offense changed a bit when Rondo came, but putting this offensive slump solely at his feet is a bit misguided. He missed, what, 7 games? The offense looked no better during that stretch than it has during his time on the floor. Guys have missed wide open shots, driven to the basket with no plan, and made terrible unforced turnovers. How many time did the ball go right through Bernard James' hands last night? Easy passes for an NBA player to catch, too. I get that he is on a 10-day contract, but I'm just asking him to catch the ball, that's all. Can't put dumb turnovers like that on Rondo.

Ellis needs to get to the rack and do SOMETHING. Parsons needs to hit open shots or slash to the hoop. Dirk needs to stop holding the ball with his back to the basket for 5 seconds, only to kick the ball back out to a player that isn't in position to be a threat. Dirk is absolutely KILLING the offense when he catches the ball in the medium post. He can't shoot right now, he is barely enough of a threat to find the open man when a team is crazy enough to double-team him, and when he does try to hit a man in a scoring threat, he turns it over. That leaves him lobbing the ball back out to Devin Harris standing 5 feet beyond the 3 point line with 6 seconds on the shot clock.

If you want my opinion, Dirk has been the biggest issue with the offense in the past 2 months.
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote