View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #914
bvbull200

bvbull200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd look at Monta before I'd look at Dirk. If you take out the clippers game where Monta left for injury he has 35 free throws in 12 games. He has 55 3's in those same games. 11 of those free throws came in a game against Twolves. So take those out and it's down right awful. Monta is the number 1 option/playmaker on this team, and as of late he isn't attacking the same as he did earlier in the year. His ft's per game have been going down progressively from almost 5 to start the year to 2.6 for the month of Februrary. While his 3's have increased from 3.5 to 4.6. He never gets love from refs but if he doesn't attack the rim and put pressure on defenses this offense isn't the same IMO.

I agree with the rest of the post though. Whole team looks awful right now on offense and don't even box out on defensive rebounding opportunities either.
I don't disagree, but it is probably a chicken vs. the egg sort of thing. I still think that it goes back to Dirk being indecisive and ineffective with the ball. I don't think that Monta is attacking less because he is playing poorly, I think he is doing it less because Dirk is doing less to create space for him and he is preventing the ball from rotating quickly, which is also conducive to Monta driving the lane.

Rondo hasn't been perfect, but I haven't had any trouble seeing how he can (and likely will) help this team. Carlisle was about 4 minutes late putting him in against Houston when it looked like every Mav had never seen a full-court press before. Besides that, he had a quality 3rd period and, at times, has a calming effect on the offense.
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote