View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #27
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
No, I don't. Wings are ten times easier to replace than point guards. I agree that Rondo's shooting needs to improve dramatically, but I think the solution is to replace Ellis with a player that complements Rondo's game better.

I love Ellis. I am glad to say that I was totally wrong about him when he signed here 18 months ago. But he is undersized, isn't much of a three point shooter, and is often a minus defender. I think replacing him, with a good defender that can play average or above-average catch-and-shoot offense, improves this team a lot and it will be a lot easier than it would be to find a new point guard.
Well you are in the minority thinking Rondo is better than Ellis. Ellis is our goto guy now. No longer is it Dirk. And thinking Rondo can still improve at this late stage is wishful thinking. Chandler, Ellis, and Dirk are our big 3. We need to build around them properly.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote