View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #938
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
I felt our defense was improving before the trade.
I'm not sure what you're basing this on, but the numbers say you're wrong, and I can only assume the Mavs' decision to make the trade favored the numbers over your unsubstantiated gut feeling about defensive improvement.
  • The Rondo trade occurred on 12/18.
  • The Mavs had their three worst single-game defensive performances of the season (to that point), measured by DRtg, within two weeks of the trade (Phoenix on 12-5, Memphis on 12-9, NOP on 12-10).
  • Less than two weeks before the trade, the Mavs had their worst eFG% defensive performance of the entire season (Phoenix on 12-5).
  • In 8 out of the 9 games immediately preceding the trade, the Mavs had a DRtg of at least 107.8, and most of those games were well above that number. For reference, a DRtg of 107.8 would currently rank seventh worst in the league--and again, most of those nine games before the trade were significantly worse than that number.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_by=date_game

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-23-2015 at 07:12 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote