View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #113
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If you let one walk it almost makes no sense to sign the other cap wise. Unless you think we can replace Ellis (or Rondo for that group of people) and basically an entire bench with 6-8m cap space and exceptions+minimums.

6-8m is just a rough guess, but it's probably being optimistic, after having TC and one of Rondo/Ellis resign and losing Aminu(as I'd be shocked if he opted in) and all non guarantees(practically the entire bench minus Harris) and having Felton opt in(as like aminu, but flipped, I'd be shocked if he did not opt in).

I still think best option is to resign the starting lineup, even if it means an overpay, and whatever pieces we can off the bench. Make small adjustments where possible but ultimately bring what we can back and hope for chemistry with an off season. The only other option I see is not resigning any of TC, Ellis, Rondo and having a very awkward convo with Dirk about rebuilding even after he took a team friendly deal to make one last push.
I completely agree with you but I'm not sure Rondo will be on board with that idea. I personally think Rondo will wait to see if we resign Ellis and will make his decision based on that.
Although Ellis had a hell of a game last night I still don't think we are a legit contender with him as our catalyst.

Just think we would be a better TEAM with Rondo if it comes down to one or the other.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-25-2015 at 09:24 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote