View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #292
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Saw and really, really liked Furious 7. More than maybe any other movie franchise, these movies know what they are and don't try to be anything else. The only two relatively minor criticisms I have are that (A) The Rock wasn't in it nearly enough and (B) they pretty obviously weren't very forthcoming about how much of the film was already finished by the time Paul Walker died. His character's individual scenes and story arc as a whole just seemed really uneven. The movie fluctuated quite a bit between shoehorning him into the sub-plots and having his character around in scenes where he didn't have anything to do. To the casual viewer it probably really worked but for me he stuck out almost every time he was on screen. It seems very obvious to me that they had to scrap an entire subplot of his when he passed. I thought they had a very classy (albeit rushed) sendoff for the character though.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote