View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #1314
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

I would be disappointed if Rondo went to LA and flourished (which I feel like he might, Byron *derp* Scott would happily hand him the keys). Rondo and Carlisle are too hard headed for their own good...

I will side with the coach; as a player you can't go against the coach like that, especially in the playoffs, that's going against the organization as a whole. If you don't like how the coach runs the system be a pro, don't sulk, don't sabotage the team, your contract is up and you can go elsewhere after the season. That being said; the blame can't all be on Rondo and Carlisle deserves some heat for this as well. Neither of them could find a middle ground or a way to compromise so now our chemistry is completely out of whack and you can't win without chemistry in the playoffs.

Weren't there early whispers of when the trade came down that Carlisle wasn't particularly happy about the situation? (or am I misremembering). Rick is a professional but maybe he feels a bit disgruntled.

It then comes full circle to Mark and Donnie. I feel like the trade was the correct move from a personnel standpoint and I was 100% on board at the time, but there's more to it than personnel, there's the pulse of the organization: chemistry, cohesiveness, and accepting your role. I don't know if this makes any sense but it was the correct business decision and I can completely understand why they made the trade (I would have to) but maybe it wasn't the correct decision for THIS team. I assume Mark and Donnie know everything transpiring under the hood (which we as fans aren't privy to) but could they have possibly misread the pulse of the team, or even worse, pulled off the trade ignoring the pulse of the team?

Just a shitty situation all around I feel