View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #362
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Guess UDog knows his $H!T...Rondo and Ellis at 15mil each is beginning to sound like a bargain.

I'm not sure we win anything with both of them but they might be tradable assets at that price.

Rim was wrong on this one...Kudos to UDog!!!
Yeah, it looks like you threw in the towel a little early... In light of this Rondo news, I'm actually starting to come around to your stance on the issue: both or neither.

And Rondo made the decision easy for us. If he's not coming back, then I see no reason to keep a disgruntled Ellis either... Because like you said - he's never going to be the #1 option on a true contender (or even #2 with his attitude). And signing Ellis to a higher contract doesn't really leave us with enough cap space to get over the hump next season.

When you consider the fact that we're going to be more than a few pieces away from contention if those two walk, then why should we pay good money to keep Tyson Chandler as well? A quick glance at this year's FA crop makes it pretty clear that we can't put together a contender with the amount of cap space we'd free up by letting Ellis and Rondo walk, so why commit the money/years to an aging center?

The idea was to go over the cap to keep this core intact... Without the core, what's the plan? Oh, I'm sure the FO will try to put together another season of ring-hunting mercenaries for one last run, but that's just putting off the inevitable rebuild until Dirk rides off into the sunset next summer. And I wouldn't have it any other way... But next season, much like the rest of this series against Houston, seems like a formality at this point. Thanks, Rondo.

TL;DR: we should blow this bitch up, but we owe Dirk one more "run" so he can finish #5 on the all-time scoring list.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote