View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #109
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I didn't watch the game last night. First Mavs Playoff game that I haven't watched in the last decade and a half. Didn't watch a single second. I don't know why, but I just didn't feel like making the emotional investment. It sounds like I made the right decision.

Based on what people are saying, it certainly sounds like Rondo didn't work out. I will eat my crow. I wanted him here. What doesn't make sense to me is, that in a contract year, why would he quit on his team like that in the Playoffs? He has some serious mental issues if he's dumb enough to do it. Speaking of dumb enough, I think the Lakers might be the only team out there dumb enough to pay this guy a huge sum of money. If they don't pay him, then his "defiance" against Carlisle is going to cost him millions on his next contract.
About the game, first 3 quarters were quite enjoyable. You could see Mavs bringing on playoff intensity which was missing in game 1 in my opinion. No comments about 4th quarter.

I would be surprised if Rondo gets longer than 1 year deal from anyone. His potential suitors should still be Lakers and Kings. Maybe you can throw Rockets in there but I'm not sure how he would fit and if there is any interest for him.

Rondo would doom Kings as Rondo won't help any team to get to the playoffs. They would also have 2 strong characters in Rondo and DMC which could hurt a lot. Lakers have their potential PG who needs to develop and by Kobe's request they may bring Rondo for 1 year deal to see how it goes.

But seriously, I doubt anyone believed that Rondo could make his market value smaller than it was when Mavs got him.

At least now someone can make a thread about who Mavs get for next season to play PG. I doubt Cuban lets Ellis and Chandler go, so it doesn't really matter what opinion we have on this matter. If we can't get any decent defender, then Mo Williams could be an option.

Last edited by Thebo; 04-23-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote