View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #510
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The only points I was making were that Rocket fans, in general, acted as if a parade was needed for a first round win vs a depleted mavs roster. If you didn't then kudos to you but I was referring to the fan base as a whole and not every single fan individually. I was then stating that the Rockets team played that exact same way. Like they had arrived. Like they proved something already. And with CP3 out it's like they already checked a big fat "W" before this game even began. Especially that fraud of a MVP candidate. Who had just found out he had lost the MVP. So instead of playing with fire and showing people they may have made a mistake, he proceeded to have 9 turnovers and was back to his old Harden ways on defense. He further showcased that if he does not get free throws against contenders his team loses. With 2 wins in the regular season vs clips he averaged 15 ft's. In the 2 losses vs clips he averaged under 6. Down 10 with 2min left he seriously just let Matt Barnes walk into the middle of the paint, because he was ball watching, catch a pass and an easy layup. Then proceeded to jog up after and turn it over for his 9th one of the game.

This is a 7 game series but if Clips are allowed to play Harden tight without the ridiculous 12-20 ft games he usually gets, then this is over in 5. Maybe 6 at most if the clips mail it in tonight after getting the split. There is a reason every team wanted to play the Mavs, Blazer or Rockets. They are simply a class below the real contenders.
Agree to disagree with the statement that Rockets fans in general were ready to throw a parade especially the Rockets fans like myself who are season ticket holders and have been the last 17 years. The majority of fans I talk with at the games were just glad to finally get out of the first round with so many disappointments in the last 15+ years and finally get one monkey off the back. Baby steps, baby steps.

Of course I wouldn't say that Harden was a fraud of an MVP since he had a great regular season and got his team to the 2nd seed even with key players with long term injuries but I would agree he needs to step it up a lot more in the playoffs. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the other team and their game plan. The Clippers aren't going to let Harden drive as there is always two folks waiting on him, but I see you failed to mentioned he still had 12 assists and didn't force much(at least shooting,turnovers different story). He let the game come to him but in doing so frustrated me with all the dang turnovers. I do want him to put his stamp more on the game and I believe he will. Unfortunately if he does and the Rockets somehow get by the 2nd round it will be because CP3 was hurt.

Oh and I guess Curry needs to give his trophy back since he didn't go out prove last night that he was the MVP fresh off of receiving the tropy? 37% shooting and 18% from the 3?

If the Rockets lose tonight there won't be anymore discussions on anything because the series will be over.....

Last edited by melvind; 05-06-2015 at 07:20 PM.
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote