View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #176
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Agree...but replacing Ellis is going to be key. The Mavs have shown they can fill a roster with good bargain veterans, but that isn't going to make the Mavs better, just keep them the same. I like Ellis, personally...his falloff occurred when he was injured, and after Rondo arrived. But we need help defensively, too, if a decent offensive SG who is a better defender is out there...grab him! Maybe even move Ellis to PG, teaming with Harris and Barea. But the Mavs are going to doing well to put together a team that is just as good as this one...and this one didn't have much of a chance to do any damage in the playoffs.
I'd love to see Ellis at pg, but the FO won't do it. It would solve a lot of issues and not have to force yet another incoming pg to learn the system. I think it would also somewhat force Monta to be a playmaker and not play Montaball all the time. But, moot point.

Mavs either need to let Ellis go for a defensive 2 or get a PG who is elite at defense. We don't need a good defender at the one...we need elite to have any chance against the West guards.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote