View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #177
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd love to see Ellis at pg, but the FO won't do it. It would solve a lot of issues and not have to force yet another incoming pg to learn the system. I think it would also somewhat force Monta to be a playmaker and not play Montaball all the time. But, moot point.
Agree, and unfortunate. Recall Monta's first few weeks with the team...they had to force him to STOP distributing the ball so much, and be more selfish. I think he would do just fine at the point as well.

Quote:
Mavs either need to let Ellis go for a defensive 2 or get a PG who is elite at defense. We don't need a good defender at the one...we need elite to have any chance against the West guards.
Hey, we could get Rondo! No, wait.... :-)

I'm not sure there is an elite defender at PG out there...the PG's in the West are pretty much too good for any one person to stop. You need to not be terrible (Calderon), and make up for it offensively. The 2 spot is different...could really use a stopper there. It's also why the Mavs really need to resign Aminu. He's the Marion replacement...someone who can defend multiple positions, only a lot younger. If they can get him back for around the $4M I've heard discussed, they should jump on it. I was in favor of Aminu when they were pursuing Parsons...he made more sense to me as a Marion replacement, and I wasn't sure Chandler would become the go to guy the FO envisioned (and so far that has been shown to be correct).
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote