View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #192
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I brought up Monta at pg a few weeks back and recieved all kind of posts why it would'nt work. Monta is a willing passer. I don't see him as a greedy scorer. He did what he had to do this year because of the lack of other scoring options. I think it would work very well because Parsons can also run the offense as a point forward. Your point guard needs to be able to score in today's nba. . . .
I've come around to this view. Yeah, in theory, it would be better to get a great point guard who has the shooting and defensive skills that fit next to Monta at the 2. Only problem is that very few, if any, of those guys exist and are available. Much easier (and more cap-friendly) to get a 2 that fits well next to Monta.

As noted, tons of today's PGs are scorers, and most of our O runs through Monta anyway (or it did pre-RR). So while conceptually Monta at the 1 may be objectionable, it's better than the alternative at this point.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote