View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
One scenario that has been clunking around in my head is to make a sizable offer ($15M) to Brandon Knight. He is a restricted free agent coming off an injury, and I question whether the Suns will be willing to pay both Bledsoe and Knight long term. Is that really a $30M backcourt? I'm not sure the Suns would be willing to go with a two PG backcourt for such a high price tag.

In this scenario, the Mavs would hopefully re-sign Tyson for around $10-12M per and Aminu for $5M. A starting five of Knight, Parsons, Aminu, Dirk and Tyson would be competitive for a playoff spot and then you pray for good fortune once you get there. It would be slim pickins for a decent bench but that would be the target for the summer of 2016 along with a more traditional SG.

I think you need a mid/top tier PG (not necessarily elite) to be competitive in the West and I just don't see many options. Knight seems like he has the potential to be a very good two-way player and has shown good/very good 3 pt accuracy. Mavs might want to take a chance here and try another "Chandler Parsons" type deal, especially if the MBT sees him as a high character guy.
Would that fall into the trap of undersized guards though? How good is his defense? I like that he's decent at 3s. I didnt watch him much with the Bucks but I knew they were doing well with him and thought they were better off trading him...at the all star break of all timing.