Thread: Tank or try?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

At this stage of his career, I doubt Dirk would allow any trade to a team that wasn't a sure fire contender, unless he felt like he was being forced out and wanted to show the Mav's brain trust that they were foolish to have entertained the idea. It's much more likely that Dirk will play for 2-4 more years in Dallas and end with a feel good legacy that both Cuban and the city of Dallas will hold very dear for decades to come. Of course, I'm assuming that Dallas is able to keep bringing in good veteran FA pieces in to plug our ever leaky rotation holes over the next 2-4 years, and that hopefully we will be able to capitalize on the Super Cap 2016-17 free agency bonanza, and that will keep Dirk interested and motivated, but I think and hope that we will...