Thread: Tank or try?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 07:12 AM   #37
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
How do you even go about "trying" at this point, though? The Mavs have NOTHING to work with. We've got a roster that is light years away from being competitive in the West, basically no trade assets, and cap space but nobody to spend it on. I'm not a "fan" of tanking either, but I think the Mavs are gonna be tanking whether they want to or not.
I've even argued here against tanking but it isn't like Mavs have a choice. If you can't make it to the playoffs - so that Boston would get lowest pick possible - it's better to full tank so you can get out of the bottomless pit before that 1st round pick in Boston becomes unprotected.

I still see positives in this situation though. This proved Jalen Rose and his Grantland channel wrong - they really love to brag about their correct predictions but failed with Jordan to Mavs like some others before. Sadly I'm becoming to hate Boston because of their media - that 1st round to Boston is becoming even bigger news than Jordan to LAC.

But best of all for me - Parsons will have the ball. We can finally see why Cuban gave him that fat paycheck. We already know that he's a great recruiter. If he's able to take a step forward and become 'the man' then Mavs may have a bright future ahead. There's no Ellis in the team to demand ball 100% of the time and Parsons isn't limited to spot up shooter like Rick uses all his SFs.

Maybe it's even worth to call Scott Brooks to develop Parsons and some other talents Mavs can sign. He had his experience with Durant so he could be useful with Parsons. Brooks isn't going to win you a title but he seemed good at developing young talent. Even though I can never forgive Wade/LeBron that infamous cough to mock Dirk, we could let Rick go and join Cavs. I would be fine with that, although awkward. Sad that Cavs don't have any good picks to offer for him but perhaps something could be worked out.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote