Thread: Tank or try?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #77
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslow View Post
Tank but with some class:

1. Don't be hypocritical about it. Be open about our goal: win zero games, get draft choices

2. See what Dirk wants and try our best to accommodate him. If we are fortunate enough that he would like to remain affiliated with the Mavs, then be grateful that a person of such high character wants to stay with the Mavs in some capacity even if not as a player.

3. Allow Carlisle to move on if he wants to leave. Find a coach that is motivated to teach and develop young players and is willing to go with that process for more than a year or two.

4. Tell are the veteran players that remain that if they want to move on then we will try our best for them. If they want to stay then their job is to assist in the development of our young players and build the organization. If they go not want to do that and they are untradeable, then let them ride the pine.

5. In the future we should never forget the very valuable lesson we have learned: character counts. The huge mistakes with Rondo and Lam Lam could have easily been avoided. Their bad character was on display for all the world to see. Married to a woman whose last name is Khardasian? What more do you need to know? Acquire players in the future with character as a high priority. Is Cuban capable of doing that? If he hasn't learned by now then my best guess is that I will loose interest in the Mavs and the NBA. After all I don't watch the soaps or the WWE, why should I be interested in the NBA?

6. With regard to when the Clippers come to town, a poster suggested the game be played in front of an empty arena. Excellent idea. What a message that would send to DJ but also to the entire NBA.
I'm absolutely on board with this strategy. Come on #1 pick Ben Simmons!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote