View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #1310
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Matthews, Anderson, Harris, Barea and Parsons can all play the 2 so I'm not sure why we need Jenkins. He's probably the most talented of the guys fighting for a roster spot, and we could use another 3pt threat, but I think Center could become a huge problem by mid-season.
McGee and Dalembert along with Zaza could be a nice 3 headed monster but it could also be a complete mess if McGee gets in Rick's doghouse early (which is highly likely imo) and Dalembert isn't motivated. I like Powell at the 4 but want no part of him at the 5...especially in our division.
Matthews Anderson and Harris are the only ones I'd really call 2's or at least depth to play the 2 on a consistent basis. The others may have moments where in a given situation they may be considered a "2" but no way would I rely on them to soak up mins nightly at the 2 in a competitive situation. Looking at those 3, Matthews is coming off of a major injury and Harris having a history of bumps and bruises. So I'd argue Jenkins is needed quite a bit actually.

Also, I like what I read about N'Dour but I don't see him making the final roster unless he beat out Evans. I don't really see the point in taking up another roster spot for a guy who would essentially be the same type of player or at least bring a similar skill set(if we are talking an Aminu type) yet more than likely not ready to contribute now even if an injury opened the door. Especially since Evans is only 27 himself so he too could still refine himself some under RC, and is here at the min.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we did in fact keep felton and only did keep 1 of these young guys and the rest all played for Legends. We don't really have many contracts options without him in terms of trades. And in a worst-case scenario of Dwill and Harris both having some injuries(given their history) then all we have is JJ. It just makes a lot of sense to keep Felton right now to me instead of another project player. If we were tanking I'd of course see it differently. If we did lose Felton though Mejri would be my personal favorite as well to get the spot.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 08-27-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote