View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #408
Joe Blow

Joe Blow is a jewel in the roughJoe Blow is a jewel in the roughJoe Blow is a jewel in the roughJoe Blow is a jewel in the roughJoe Blow is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I'm looking at Deron and hoping for 36 year old Jason Kidd, who could not score at the rim, but was always looking to create. I think Deron has more physical skills than old man Kidd, but remains a great playmaker-passer and a decent defender.

If he gives us what Kidd did, I'd be ok with that. Anything more, is gravy on top.
I think that's a positive, yet realistic, way of looking at it, and I agree. Although he became a really decent 3-point shooter in his twilight years, Ason Kidd was never known as a scorer. Yet he's a hall of fame caliber point guard. There's so much more to being a great point guard than scoring, yet most of the complaints about Deron boil down to the observation that in the last couple of years he didn't score as much as he used to.

Last year Deron had the lowest ppg average of his career (rookie year excepted), but he still scored more than Jason's career average (and more than Kidd did in 12 different seasons).

And again, just because Deron didn't score as much as usual does not mean he can't score any more. If I have a few 100 bills in my wallet, but don't leave the waiter a $100 tip, it's not because I can't give him a $100 tip. It's simply that I didn't, for reasons perhaps known only to me.
Joe Blow is offline   Reply With Quote