View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I just think our front court is a complete mess. Zaza and Dirk will be as bad or worse than Kaman and Dirk and I have very little faith in Dally and JM. If Felton/Zaza/Jenkins could net us a decent shot blocker down the stretch I'd feel a little more comfortable.

Too soon to really tell but I'm very leery about our frontcourt situation going into this season.
I'm with you on there being a problem. I just don't see a solution. We needed a tough-nosed rebound/defense/shot-blocker. We almost got Jordan, who would have been a nice fit. When he punked us, we did the best we could, but getting the 31st, 28th, and 20th best centers in rebounding was the best we could do to go next to Dirk and Parsons-- who both are about as bad at rebounding as you can get

Dirk - 68th among PFs
Parsons - 40th among SFs
Matthews - 52nd among SGs
Williams - 33rd among PGs

We will absolutely be abused on the glass this year. That's a given. No point in beating a dead horse. I just wonder:

1) Can we develop a style that minimizes the damage (run-and-gun, high efficiency, lots of threes)?
2) can we upgrade our PF/C position in the next year or so.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-08-2015 at 03:39 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote