View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #1971
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I love Dirk and want him to play until he's 50 but the strategy of putting a good veteran team around him until he retires needs to end. Even if we had our pick we'd still be drafting in the 14-22 range with that record and that won't get us much other than what we currently have.

We'll be damn lucky if anyone even comes close to being all-star material on this team this season. We are starving for a star but the current strategy has very little chance of yielding us one.

Building a team to compete for a championship is one thing but building one to compete for the 8th seed is another.
I predict we will be in a position to be sellers at TDL.
Thing is that Dirk accepted a large pay cut for that very purpose.

The FO has tried to leap frog back into the championship window, but I just think that's been more of a pipe dream the last few seasons. I'm actually OK with a mediocre team as long as half the team doesn't sit on the damn injured list all season long.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote