View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:17 AM   #4
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
It's because teams are now seeded solely by record, regardless of which division they are in. So it doesn't matter that the Mavs are leading the Southwest, they are still 5th in the conference by record.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/09/08/n...-change-ap.ap/
I heard them discuss it, but I never realized that the rule was going to be changed so fast. Thanks for showing me the facts! Now they just need to update their page. It still reads: Teams 1 to 4 in each conference are the three division winners and the team with the next best regular-season record, with the seeding of these four teams determined by regular-season record.