View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I read an article earlier in year, maybe it was zach lowe I forget... but it said Mavs are willing to concede the long pass to the weak side open 3 on defense if it means packing the paint to help inside. When those moments lead to wide open Anderson or Gordon 3's when we are fighting like crazy to get back in it tho..... it's incredibly deflating. Feel like it should be a know your personnel type... I'd rather see Cole shoot an open 3 than Anderson or Gordon. Yet in the games most critical moments they gave their best shooters ----- wide ----- open looks.
It wasn't a strategy. It was awful effort. Guys weren't even trying to defend. Two straight possessions Dirk just stood there, disinterested like Harden.

The second of those two possessions, Dirk just stood there while Davis walked around him and dunked it. No effort at all to even challenge the shot or move his feet.

I understand we're trying to create some defensive strategies to make up for our awful defensive roster, but this was 100% effort from beginning to end, just like the last game. Guys were just standing around being idiots. It's not even worth watching when a team decides to play only 50% of the game. I'm out until the Mavs decide to start at least trying to defend.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote