View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #215
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
DWill, Zaza, McGee, CV, Powell, Wright, Amare, Mejri, Odom, Rondo, Ellis, Mayo, Kaman and many others are considered "Spare Parts" imo. Some of them worked out well and some of them did more harm than good. Basically players that weren't wanted or needed by their respective teams but fell into our lap one way or another. Any player that a team is willing to give up is a spare part as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps this is a semantics issue. Hell, Kobe was Spare Parts to the Hornets 18 years ago and he turned out to be a superstar.

My original point was that we aren't rebuilding while Dirk is here, RC isn't the best fit for a complete rebuild, it isn't in Cuban's DNA to rebuild, and Donnie's strength isn't drafting so why not throw a bunch of guys who fell out of favor in other systems or weren't good fits and try them out here while Dirk is still around.

Rebuilding with Parsons and Matthews 3 years from now doesn't seem wise unless they elevate to all-star or superstar status. I'm fine with resigning them but would rather have young players get burn when and if we ever go the rebuild from scratch route after Dirk's departure.
I agree with a lot of this except for Parsons who has clearly showed he can play like an all-star the last three games. Ellis had a lot of great games, but the numbers did show inefficiency. Parsons seems to play very efficiently and within the system.

Anyway, a lot of these "spare parts" are because of the endless summer after summer of trying to hit a superstar. Going after DAJ this past summer was a bad move in hindsight because center is miraculously not an issue. Mavs need to bolster the bench, and can easily do that this summer if they don't try so desperately to get another superstar. I think it def depends on how Parsons finishes out the season. If he can keep on with these 20+ ppg games, then I think the team is in pretty good shape going into the offseason.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote