View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #101
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AMGareDuNord View Post
Nice selective choosing there. Ignore the fact that the highest guys are Curry, Leonard, LBJ, Draymond, as expected.

That said, Parker has been garbage this year. Delly has been *invaluable* to the Cavs. He plays fantastic D, shoots well over 40% from 3, and did (he still might), have the best assist to TO ratio in the NBA. He has a *huge* positive +/-. One of the best in the NBA. So not shocked by that. Rubio is another *huge* impact guy. One of the best PG defenders in the NBA and has a crazy positive +/-.
Quote:
RPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team performance, measured in net point differential per 100 offensive and defensive possessions. RPM takes into account teammates, opponents and additional factors
+- is more of a lineup stat, I don't know how many times I need to say this, but go ahead and keep bringing up +- like it's a great indicator of individual performance. You can believe Hayward is better it rly doesn't matter I'm not even arguing about who is better(significantly better I'd argue though). It was when you said his impact on both ends is greater. There are more outliers than the ones brought up above. For starters Anthony Davis being 13th amongst PF's. So 12 other PF's have a greater impact according to you than Anthony Davis... Including guys like Amir Johnson, Marvin Williams, and Channing Frye. Vucevic has 37 centers in front of him... 37! Meanwhile apparently Olynyk is the 7th best center in the NBA if you go by rpm. I'm rly not going to go through all of them, there are enough that you should see an issue with using RPM as an indicator of individual performance.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-12-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote