View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 03:22 AM   #98
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I totally disagree with this... I think Tobias is going to be a lot better on both ends of the ball, but he's a totally different player than Ilyasova. Harris is best as a PNR ball handler (in fact, he might be the best frontcourt ballhandler in the pick and roll in the entire NBA), slasher and on post mismatches on offense. Defensively, he's actually a very good rim protector in terms of FG% and next to Drummond, the Pistons have the potential to be one of the stingiest defenses in the league.
Lol. Are you confusing Tobias Harris with someone else? Rim protector? He averages .6 blocks a game. And plays SF/PF. He has a -.4 DBPM for his career. He's an okay slasher (at the 4, nothing special at the 3), but 28% of his shots are threes. And calling him a great (let alone best in the NBA) PnR ballhandler is nothing short of hilarious. (2 assists to 1.6 turnovers a game...)

He does have a diverse offensive skill-set. And he's an above average scorer. Problem is, he's not particularly *great* at any of those things. 46/31/78 shooter.

He's an upgrade on Ersan, absolutely. But eating that kind of contract for a solid offensive tweener who doesn't play D and doesn't stretch the floor well (next to a center who *needs* a floor stretcher), is a meh move to me.
10AMGareDuNord is offline   Reply With Quote