Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:30 PM   #149
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think you missed the point -- Rick can't make players who don't play good interior defense to play good interior defense... If he had 2011 Tyson Chandler the strategy would be 100% different.

It's not a philosophical problem, it's personnel problem.
Translated....Rick WON'T play players who play decent defense over players who play decent offense.
He has two decent shot blockers on the team that he refuses to play and even suit up most of the time.
And I'm sure he has a huge sayso in who the Mavs claim off waivers, draft, trade for and sign in FA.

I'm sorry but that is more philosophy than DNA. You want to argue we aren't good enough to compete then I totally agree we don't have the personnel but I'm not buying that we have shot blockers on this team that deserve frequent DNPs.
Saying that Barea and Felton need to hold their own on D and then not making them accountable when they don't is pretty damn lame.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-23-2016 at 10:34 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote