Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #152
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Man, I heard all this in 2010 with Roddy, but somehow Carlisle led this team to a championship that season... Everyone thinks he's not playing these guys (who have excellent production over small sample sizes) more often because he's a fool, but the reality is that these guys only have excellent production because Rick knows when/where to play them.

Plus, chemistry plays a big role in playtime... We have no idea what these guys are like in practice -- if our veterans can't trust the younger players, then they won't get any burn... For all we know it could be Dirk keeping McGee and Mejri on the sidelines... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Charlie V is still here and John Jenkins isn't.
But this has been a pattern with Rick and I understand he is an offensive-oriented coach but at some point you have to stop the team from scoring or at least show some intimidation. Okafor looked like a superstar in the first half against Zaza but didn't do much at all in the paint when Mejri was in the game. Yeah Parsons gets most of the credit and did a hell of a job but the Sixers as a whole wasn't going to the basket when Mejri was in there and when they did they usually regretted it.

As far as I'm concerned making a basket and preventing a basket provides the same yield. I guess Rick just feels Barea's and Felton's offense is far superior to anything we can get out of McGee or Mejri defensively.

Kind of pitiful if that is the case don't you think?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote