Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #158
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
This entire discussion started with the article posted where Rick said it isn't in our DNA to have shot blocking. Seems they should have been looking at adding a defensive player then instead of throwing more offense at the problem.
Then simply using the lame excuse that we are too small is sickening to me because that is how he wants to play. Playing Lee at center is proof enough of that.

That's almost as ridiculous as an NFL coach saying our backup quarterback is a more skilled and talented NFL player than our nose tackle so we're forced to play our backup quarterback at nose tackle because he is simply a better football player.

Sorry UD....I'm not buying that BS from Rick.

I'll give it tonight because Mejri had his two best games against the Thunder but I'm really getting sick of this small ball crap and the ridiculous excuses that try to justify it.
Is there a direct quote where Rick says it isn't in the team's DNA because that article doesn't provide it. The quote it provides is this...

"It's a different set of circumstances," Carlisle said of playing defense without a rim protector on the floor. "You got to play position (defense). You got to beat people places. A lot of things like that. It's certainly doable, but you got to be on the persistent end of things. You can't hang around. You got to be an initiator, not a reactor."

Nowhere in that quote does he say it isn't in their DNA. Sefko is generally decent, but I think he conjured up that tagline based on the quote.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote