View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #80
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
When you need a hammer, but the closest thing you have is a rubber mallet, you don't bust out a screwdriver and expect better results.

It's not like Carlisle is underachieving with some amazing roster at his disposal -- this squad was pegged to be a lotto team in the preseason, yet here we are competing for a playoff spot. One might call that overachieving.

Here's what's wrong with this team: veterans on 1-year contracts don't play as hard as veterans on 4-year contracts... Do you think a guy like D-Will is going to kill his body so this team can win games? Hell no, he's trying to stay healthy so he can milk another payday (which has been the case for a lot of our starters since we won the title...)

Cuban needs to abandon the fantasy that any superstar would want to come to Dallas to help Old Man Dirk win another ring, and start taking a full rebuild seriously... Because whenever we strike out on those big names, we're stuck with hired guns looking to earn a bigger payday when they move on from Dallas... Mercenary ball just isn't working, and Cuban's plan to retool on the fly has yielded nothing but mediocrity.

I agree with most of what you stated, but Carlisle has some culpability for the recent play of the team. You give him a pass that he doesn't completely deserve.

Here's why i complain:
- Playing a beat up journeyman (Zaza) and a 6-9 power forward (Lee) at center with three bigger centers on the bench (one inactive). Zaza started out great but RC has run him into the ground. He's not able to do what he could earlier in the year.
- Using Dirk like he's 27 instead of 37. Lee, Dirk and Powell are power forwards. They should played at center sparingly.
- Using a 6-5 two guard who is coming off a severe injury against bigger and stronger small forwards makes him less efficient. Wes at two guard for 30 minutes backed up by Williams and Harris would help him. He shoud not be played at three so much. I see the same with Wes as Zaza. Too many minutes (especially at three)has worn him down. Two tiny guards on the floor together is a prescription for bad defense. For example, the Mavs were lucky last night because Caldwell-Pope was off. He missed lots of open shots and could shoot over Felton and JJ at will.
- Not playing Anderson behind Parsons and giving him some minutes.

I have to agree about D-Will. He plays in spurts and has the body language of a guy who would stay home if he could still get his money.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote