View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:14 AM   #54
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Maybe that's why I'm aggravated at Carlisle for not playing McGee more. He's healthier than he's been in years and shows flashes, so what the hell is there to lose if he plays more? First round exit? That's pretty much a given, but if they can catch lightening in a bottle with a couple of guys (Anderson and Mejri fit that bill imo) then they could surprise.

That's why I think McGee, though a longshot to make a big splash, is still the best risk to take as far as finding a little bit more magic on the existing roster.
The problem with McGee? I think Carlisle likes to see pick and roll offense, especially from backup bigs. Thing is, McGee can rarely set a decent pick where on-ball defenders runs into him. More often than not, McGee sets a pick and already rolls to the basket before on-ball defender is anywhere near him. Seriously, how low your basketball IQ has to be to not set a decent pick?

BUT talking about Dwight Howard. I don't think max contract is what he wants the most. Sure, he wants to get max but a ring - or at least competing for it - is by far more valuable for where he is now. I like the idea signing him. People should not be concerned so much of how to get him to Dallas and who has to leave because of him. It would be nice if someone would show his possible and realistic destinations this offseason. I understand that cap goes up and pretty much everyone can offer him max but I don't think he has any interest in ending up in a situation where he is now - barely competing for playoff spot. In terms of discussing Howard, we should talk more about which teams are actually in the running to get him.

For what it's worth, I think Howard leaving Houston is much more set in stone than him getting a max deal anywhere else. He wouldn't be asking for max contracts if money is what he really is after. It could very well be that D-Will is able to get him to Dallas and make happen what was supposed to be oh so long time ago. I'm sure both of these guys have had thoughts about what ifs. This would be biggest selling pitch Mavs could put together this offseason. Besides, I'm not sure D-Will would be able to get starting PG job in any decent team other than the Mavs...
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote