View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #11
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Deron definitely has injury issues, but he also definitely has effort issues as well. There are near complete games this season that he took off because he didn't feel like putting in the effort. Have no absolute evidence in that, but you could see it with body language and play in multiple games. Barea and to a lesser extent Harris never give us effortless games like he has. Was that to save his body? Injury issues? Maybe, but there have been many times where I'm grimacing at the tv watching him go through the motions this season. I really don't like players like that.

It's a weird position for a lot of free agents this summer with the way the team is playing now. If Deron played good defense, then I say it's a no-brainer. But he doesn't, and this team needs to embrace defense like a mother with a new born. If you're going to start Williams, Parsons, and Dirk again, then you aren't serious about it. That's just that hard truth IMO.

Edit: Just realized this was the GDT.

GO MAVS!!
It does sort of look like Deron is putting in lack of effort. But I'll wait till if playoffs happen to have an opinion. I mean at this point it would be interesting to start Dirk at center, Parsons PF, and Deron SG. With JJ and Wes. Especially if Carlisle does put in a 3 PG lineup here and there. Deron's play on defense is scrappy and already has the size to match someone. The hard truth is Deron has a better chance at coming back than Parsons. And I'm cool with that. Parsons truly is playing his contract year. Deron I already expected it. Now let's see how Felton can play tonight, sport.

Los Mavs!

Last edited by yahyes; 04-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote