View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:15 AM   #153
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think Anderson would be fine coming off the bench personally. Unless his offensive game improves a lot I think we will be better off with some offense at the 3 and with an improved C and possibly improved pg, so our defense will be fine. Dirk can sit down on the first sub after 5-6mins and Anderson can come in and Parsons slide over to the 4. Mejri can come in as the backup and we won't drop off much but would still have Wes and JA on the perimeter to limit penetration. Then Wes comes out later Parsons comes out as well and Anderson is still in the game and Dirk comes back in. He would still get around 30mins if Parsons is sliding over to the pf when Dirk sits. I think it would give us a chance to get key stops defensively with both Wes and Anderson to close quarters rather than start them.

If we went a different route than Parsons that's fine but I still think Anderson is best served off the bench. A lineup with Conley/Wes/Simba/Dirk/Whiteside may be good defensively but Dirk is not going to get good looks in a lineup like that, just as he did not in that 6 game stretch which was by far the hardest struggle for him of the season. A slow half court grind it out game like that is hard on Dirk and he might barely be a #2 type option in an offense like that. We won those games with JJ Barea playing out of his mind having the best stretch of his entire career. I for one don't think that is sustainable for an 82 game season. All teams would have to do is play Dirk close and force Wes into tough step backs, which obviously had an impact on his efficiency this season and w/out Parsons I don't see how it's getting much better. I believe we saw his catch and shoot numbers were very similar to past numbers he's just not getting as many open looks and open space as he did with lillard and LMA since they allowed him to flourish as a 3rd option. And Conley has never been much more than a 15ppg guy in Memphis and they play a slow pace as well so it's unreasonable to expect him to provide much more than that. We also would either need Powell to greatly improve or have a backup 4 in mind if we moved away from Parsons because Batum(if we chose him instead of conley) cannot play the 4 like Parsons IMO. And if we are spending all our cap on Conley and Whiteside(which is almost 0% chance of happening btw imo) How will we also get a backup 4 with no cap left?

--Edit--
This also is assuming Conley and Whiteside(or Batum/Horford whatever combination of two) both chose to come in to yet another Mavs major roster revamp over other options when all money is likely equal. And we have yet to land even just one 1st option FA and we would be needing to land two in this scenario without having Parsons to recruit(whether that even makes a difference or not).

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-27-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote