View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 09:41 AM   #197
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211 View Post
I meant as far as how it ended, and the disaster he left. If he was a leader, he could've easily recruited a top flight guard and made that team His, and a contender for a decade.
That team was capped out from the moment they added Rashard Lewis, and let's not forget that he had All Star Jameer Nelson in his prime and either Redick or Courtney Lee (or very-recently-past-his-prime Vince) for his entire tenure there.

I agree that he didn't handle his last two seasons well there at all, but to say he wasn't a leader in part because he couldn't recruit another star with nonexistent cap space is pretty unfair. Personally, I thought for his prime years in Orlando Dwight was at least a top-five player.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote