View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #32
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
But we HAVE to quit players more than they are worth. Devin Harris for $4M to be our 4th string PG - stupid money. Why pay JJ $4M? Its not like there was a huge demand for his services

And max for Mathews? You DEVELOP 3&D guys, you don't pay them the max

The front office has gotta be smarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's funny how you talk crap about a loyalty pay check in JJB in a thread about the payoff of loyalty. JJB was a loyalty contract and what's more? He absolutely earned 4 mill. 4 mill is the new 2 mill and he is certainly worth that.
I was in the same mindset as MFFL when we signed Barea, but I definitely think he earned his paycheck this season... And I agree with EL that $4m is the new $2m, so he's likely to retain value going forward... Devin too, on the rare occasions when he's actually healthy. These guys are solid changeups/insurance policies at the 1/2 in Rick's system.

Although I do agree with MFFL about Matthews... If he's 100%, then maybe you can justify the money -- but with the injury? I get the whole "loyalty" thing when it comes to JJB, but we don't really owe Wes squat. DJ screwed him, not Cuban... So cap-wise, he's definitely been a net negative after one season... Let's see if he can get healthy enough to justify (most of) his paycheck.

Basically, the front office has made some underrated moves, but they really need to max-out their potential right about now... Otherwise, Dirk's final years will be wasted (and we riot!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote