View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #409
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I agree with this as well. The truth is we're not going to compete with the elite teams by having a bunch of big guys that can shoot. Look at the guards left in the playoffs: Kyrie, Curry, Thompson, Westbrook, Dragic, Wade, Lowry, DeRozan.

No it's not easy to get one of those guys, but we need to position ourselves to get one, not spend cap space for the sake of spending cap space. It's a guards league.

Personally, I hope we swing for the fences. Say the Thunder get dominated by the Warriors. Go after Durant hard.... sell him on Carlisle and Dirk opening things up for him as the clear-cut number one option. The odds of it happening are low of course, but it's much better than being stuck in a cycle of mediocrity where we're constantly overpaying for mid-tier free agents every offseason.

Now, that being said, I understand we performed fairly well considering Matthews was coming off a major injury and all the other injuries we dealt with. If we're not getting Durant/ Whiteside, we should definitely re-sign Parsons and go after Dwight Howard.
Considering Durant just called our owner an idiot I don't think he is coming here. Howard is clearly the best player we can obtain that is realistically obtainable and fills 2 of our biggest needs (rebounding and rim protection). Don't waste your time with KD. After the draft we can explore the trade market once we have our 1st rounder for next year and see what teams are willing to part ways with.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote