View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 PM   #4532
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
A nice article but with some obvious mistakes. It talks about how some might "bemoan" his lack of a post game. Dirk turned in to the best post up player in the league at one point in his career. It was joust a different type of post up game.
I agree completely. I also scoffed at this line- "If pushed though, I’m ranking Dirk behind Duncan (a better leader and defender) and Malone (a more explosive scorer and the only power forward more durable than him),"

I agree that Duncan was overall a better player because of his defense, but this esoteric notion that Duncan was a great "leader," I've always found a little ridiculous. And if I can choose between Dirk and Malone, I'll take Dirk any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Still though, it's just nice to see non-Dallas writers to give Dirk some props.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote