View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 06:09 PM   #105
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I agree in reality and that first group you mention is probably a strong possibility. I just have some issues with Dirk sacrificing for Parsons and DWill though. If they are willing to make some sacrifices to put that group together I'm fine with Dirk taking a big cut but if he is willing to take a major cut so they can top out then let them go and pay Dirk as far as I'm concerned. Twenty mil is not realistic but I think you get the where I'm going with this.
In other words I'd hate to see Dirk take a huge pay cut while Parsons gets maxed out and DWill gets a huge raise and we don't have enough left for a max or near max player and are virtually left with the same quality of roster as last season.
Go back to Dirk's original quote and rest easy:

Quote:
"Ever since after the championship, we've been basically a first-round exit. We've been a seven, eight seed. We've only won a few playoff games, and obviously the goal was to compete at the highest level in my last couple of years. So there is some moving to do, some thinking, some putting our heads together the next few weeks heading into free agency, heading into the draft. So this is just one move that hopefully starts a chain reaction for us to get better again, to compete really at a high level. We'll see how it goes."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote