View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #106
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I agree in reality and that first group you mention is probably a strong possibility. I just have some issues with Dirk sacrificing for Parsons and DWill though. If they are willing to make some sacrifices to put that group together I'm fine with Dirk taking a big cut but if he is willing to take a major cut so they can top out then let them go and pay Dirk as far as I'm concerned. Twenty mil is not realistic but I think you get the where I'm going with this.
In other words I'd hate to see Dirk take a huge pay cut while Parsons gets maxed out and DWill gets a huge raise and we don't have enough left for a max or near max player and are virtually left with the same quality of roster as last season.
It's conceivable that Parsons, D-Will and Dirk ALL take a slight pay cut to fit in Dwight or Whiteside or whomever. Personally, I see D-Will as least likely to. Followed by Parsons with a Dirk being the most likely to sacrifice. Ironically this is the reverse or inverse of how it should be.

If I'm GM- draft day trade of 2017 1st & Powell for Teague. Offer Harrison Barnes max. Sign Biyombo 4yrs. 76M. This plan may necessitate a salary dump to fit all 3. Maybe not.

If GSW match on Barnes sign the best 2/3 or 3/4 available(Bazemore, Marvin Williams). Must have position flex and shoot the 3 in the 36-42% range and play defense.

Say adios to the injury prone CP, Dwill and pouty baby Dwight Howard. Get younger, better defensively, healthier. Use the exception for PF and Center depth.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-07-2016 at 08:34 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote