View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #526
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Why would anyone throw 18 at Bismack? I would be surprised if there are enough teams willing to go higher than 10 for him, and perhaps Mahinmi. 14 sounds the highest anyone would pay either of them.

I do not think Mavs are that desperate. Just, there are a lot of options and directions that Mavs can take. They could simply continue with Zaza and look to improve other positions - which I hope is not the plan A. They could also then keep Powell and try some freakish small ball lineup.

With so many teams with so much cash to spend - this will make a very intriguing offseason. Guys like Bismack and Mahinmi do not even have to rush and get the best offer given to them before Dwight has made up his mind.

If Mavs do not get a commitment from Parsons, then this will also change things a lot. Although DeAndra showed last summer the worth of commitments and these two have been together buddy-buddy after the incident.

In short, I do not see why Mavs should be desperate for anything. Too many things are unclear and too many different directions are available. It is not like you have most of the roster in place and desperately need that one big name like Howard. At the moment, just getting Howard and missing out on decent point guard would still give you nothing but playoff seeding.

Who knows, maybe the Mavs will miss out on Parsons, Howard and Conley? Perhaps Cuban and Dirk decide it is time to call it quits and Dirk does not re-sign and the Mavs can go full rebuild.

It is also interesting to see where Tyson Chandler ends up at. I doubt he is going to stay as a member of Suns after draft.
Idk if Bismack gets 18M but he will certainly be a lot closer to 18 than 10. Aaron Bynes signed for like 8m last offseason as a backup. Biyombo is younger, better and coming off a huge playoffs. And a cap spike. He'll get btwn 15-20M per from someone.

I'd say the Mavs are rather desperate. They need to improve, get younger. They need assets to attract future FA. They'll overpay if they have to.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote