View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:06 AM   #528
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I see your point of view. I just would like to think people are desperate when they have a clear vision of what they want but are missing one or two pieces from getting it.

If the Mavs are in a win-now mode where they want to get another title or serious run at it with Dirk, then getting younger is not going to be much of a priority. Especially after what they did in 2011.

I would argue that a lot will come down to whether Parsons leaves or stays. A lot will depend if he starts listening to offers from other teams or enters free agency with commitment to re-sign with Mavs. If Parsons leaves, then thoughts about merely competing for playoff seeding will change priorities / direction from win-now to getting younger.

I think that DWill is a realistic possibility, especially with chances to also sign Howard. DWill could accept 1 year deal around 8M and sign bigger deal next summer when cap rises even further.

About Baynes and his 8M deal. That deal was signed already new cap in mind. I think that 8-10M will be about the norm of backups. You can not really view last summer's offers and think that those were given under that cap in mind. To add, Aron Baynes is getting 6,5M a year which even by current cap rules is solid for backup.
My bad, not sure where I got Bynes at 8M. I think DWill is all about getting paid and would sign anywhere for extra $. By getting younger i meant young, established vets- like Barnes, Biyombo, Teague- to where they could add another piece to that core next summer.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote