Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 01:21 AM   #126
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Haha. I'll emphasize the "IMO." If Kyrie had grown with the Warriors the way Steph has we'd all be discussing him as an all-time great. Steph is the best shooter in the league, but Kyrie has better handles, finishes at the basket better, and is able to get contested shots off better... All while being four years younger. When he hits his prime in a few years he will be unguardable.

These playoffs Kyrie is shooting better than Steph (48.2% vs 44.8) while averaging the same amount of points (25.3) and nearly half the amount of turnovers (4.2 vs. 2.3). Again, he's four years younger. So yeah, give me Kyrie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I intend to watch the game again, but honestly I didn't see it that way at all. It looked to me like the Cavs had more than their fair share of BS calls as well, and the fouls I saw on Curry seemed perfectly legit. Sure, they were they kind of "ticky tack" fouls that usually don't get called on superstars, but from what I saw they were indeed fouls. He just played stupidly, always gambling trying to get the steal when he should have just focused on staying in front of his man and contesting the shot. I might see it differently on a second viewing, but right now I don't get the outrage about GSW getting "manhandled."
Tristan Thompson is allowed to push and grab and camp in the lane. There was one play where he pushed Klay down low and he missed a layup couldnt believe they didnt call it. Garretson made the call on Curry, the clean steal which would've been a layup, from the other side of the court shielded while another had a better angle. The last Curry foul call was terrible too. LeBron flopped into Curry.

Maybe manhandled was a bit strong. I definitely think the games have gotten more physical and that has benefited Cleveland. The calls skewed their way in this one IMO. That said, GS needs to man the F' up

Last edited by mac222b; 06-17-2016 at 01:24 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote