Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #132
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
This is where I'm at as well. I think Cleveland has been allowed to get away with a lot more physical game resulting in Curry and Thompson not getting their normal shots. The main thing about this is that it is in direct opposition of what the league's stated goal of "opening up more movement". And it seems the deeper in the playoff you go, the worse it's become. I just told the wife last night that I have no idea what a foul is right now and no hope of knowing how the refs are going to call the game. Yes, Curry fouled ... but seriously those were touch fouls and nothing compared to what Curry and Thompson have had to deal with.

On top of those fouls, the moving screens are absolutely insane! The players can practically run up and hug the defender right now.

However, all that said, if Curry is a legit MVP, he needs to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. He seriously needs to step up, man up, whatever you want to call it. He's got to figure out a way to force the defense to back off his shot. And this should have happened 3 or 4 games ago honestly. Lebron trash talking (flaunting tech foul???) is a huge indication of where Curry's head is at right now ... afraid to even look at Lebron. Hell, Curry should just get into it with Lebron and have them both kicked out of the game. GS wins easily at that point.
Agree and good point about the moving screens. Again, Tristan Thompson is allowed to move, grab, push in a way that the other players aren't. He's playing extremely well, don't get me wrong. But I think I counted one moving screen called on him the whole night. Not sure what adjustment the Warriors can make. Ezelli is pretty worthless. They just have to go small with occasional doses of Varajao. Assuming Iggy is moderately ok
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote