Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #143
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I dont think GS pulls this out tomorrow. No inside presence, which is what gave them fits vs OKC. OKC just happens to be stupid and cant close out. Bogut out, Iggy's back wont hold up, Ezeli is a liability, and Varejao is good in small doses. The 3 ball is a cure all, but theyre going to need a ton of them.

BTW, Barnes is absolute garbage. Dallas better not look his way or Ezeli. I was wrong on Ezeli earlier in the season. But Barnes is shooting 30% on shots where no defender is within TEN FEET of him. Dhantay Jones had more points (5) in his small stretch last game as Barnes in the last 2 games combined
Iggy's back is the biggest x-factor in the whole game. If he's close to 100%, the Dubs have a huge advantage, because he's by far the best defender on Lebron. If he's still hobbled and moving around like he did in game 6, GSW loses most of their defensive versatility.

Also, oddly enough I'm a bit worried about the officiating tonight. I wonder how the refs will respond to the controversy over game 6- are they going to let the Warriors, Curry in particular, get away with murder? Are they going to start calling anything and everything and neutralize Cleveland's physical play? NBA refs have a strange way of responding to complaints- they tend overcompensate. I'm reminded of the 2011 WCF when Dirk went off for 48 in game 1, after two games people started complaining that you couldn't touch Dirk at all, and then game 3 ended up being a putrid low-scoring affair because the refs wouldn't call anything.

Also I'm anxious to see what GSW's other shooters do tonight. The Cavs have won the past two games in part because they successfully contested most of the Splash Bros' shots and dared some of the other guys to shoot. If Barnes, Iggy, Green or anyone else start hitting some threes, that changes the whole dynamic.

Overall I think the odds still have to favor GSW, but the Cavs do seem to have them figured out and have them on the run. And seriously, who the hell would have thought this was going to go to game 7? Count me excited.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote