View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #58
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I would have never considered this to be a possibility until Golden State mentioned that Dirk was their Plan B after Durant... It just makes so much sense for everyone -- Dirk gets to compete for a ring in a low-pressure situation as the #3 option on a team that can maximize his skill set while Dallas is free to get on with its rebuild from a position of strength (probable sign-and-trade instead of retirement).

Plus, Parsons would be free to maximize his payday on a team that might actually be able to better utilize him... I mean, we brought him in to be our #1 scorer and he isn't. Maybe he needs a situation where he's the clear-cut #2 option? I dunno, but it seems like there are several teams in better situations than Dallas that are willing to max him out.

Win-win?
And we have to eventually ask ourselves if the treadmill of mediocrity really is that satisfying. Last year's team wasn't anywhere near as good as the Spurs, Thunder, or Warriors. Not even close. And that's your path to the finals.

I don't believe in tanking, but I am fully on board with developing young players because the Mavs don't understand that is how you groom assets. Watching Powell (at times), Anderson, and Mejri develop made me feel better than watching a broken down Deron play with effort 50% of the time.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote