View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 03:40 PM   #63
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think it has less to do with the "extra $2M" part and more to do with the "right before Parsons got hurt" part... $20m/year sounded reasonable until he missed his second playoffs in two years because of injury.

Chandler Parsons playoff stats in a Mavs uniform: GP 1 / MIN 37 / PTS 10.0 (5-15 FG, 0-4 3P, 0-0 FT) / REB 6.0 / AST 2.0 / BLK 0.0 / STL 0.0 / PF 1.0 / TO 1.0

You could argue that it's a small sample size, but it's a small sample size because the guy is never healthy for the playoffs... Parsons has done squat to advance the Mavericks' status as a contender, but we should max him out after overpaying him for the last 2 seasons? Lol, nope.
Those are good points, but to be fair Parsons' second knee injury was minor and just incredibly bad luck/timing.

And I'd argue that he's mostly responsible for us getting so close on DAJ and certainly don't blame him for that falling apart. I still have faith in Parsons as a recruiter but understand if the MBT pulls the plug on him here. It just has to be for a better reason than "we don't feel like he's a max guy". It has to be because there is a concrete alternative plan in which Parsons doesn't fit.

If we lose Parsons and don't get someone in the Howard/Whiteside/Conley ilk, I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-23-2016 at 03:40 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote