View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #151
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Pretty funny when you put it that way and even a little better ....

Steph/Klay(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Championship
Lebron/Kyrie(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Champshipship
Dwight/Parsons(/Dirk) - made the playoffs

But yeah, I don't think Dirk leaves because he wants his career to be 100% Dallas at the end.
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Dirk going to OKC. They probably win the GSW/OKC series and maybe the finals if they would have had Dirk.
Durant/Westbrook/Dirk sounds pretty good too and Dirk would be a great fit with Adams. Dirk would also give them another guy in the clutch which is where they seemed to have problems last season.
That is a team that is just there but can't seem to get over the hump. Dirk could very easily be the guy to put them over the top.

A move like that could add to Dirk's legacy because if OKC does happen to win the finals, many would credit Dirk. If he goes to Cavs or GSW it may appear that he is just jumping on the bandwagon.

OKC is also the closest NBA city to Dallas and many Dallas fans (like me) would instantly become temporary Thunder fans. Seems like it could be a win-win-win for everyone (Dirk, OKC, Mavs) involved. Think it would be a great marketing move for OKC, Dirk would play close to home and Cuban can focus on rebuilding his team.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-24-2016 at 06:43 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote