View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #87
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I would rather see them shore up the foundation and then move to improve rather than betting the house on signing Conley and/or Whiteside.
Overpaying for Parsons leaves little to no salary cap room to improve with.

Quote:
On the other hand, I am intrigued by Kent Bazemore and wonder if his speed, athleticism, and motor might work well in the Carlisle system. Could you plug him in as starting SF and have his different talents (defense, rebounding, durability, and athleticism) neutralize the playmaking and shooting of Parsons? I probably wouldn't bet on that trade off, but last year the Mavs did seem a bit slow afoot compared to other teams in today's NBA.
Defense, rebounding, durability, athleticism are all things the Mavs need more of. Sounds a lot like San Antonio's blueprint, too....not a bad thing.

I'm not a Parson's detractor...but as for playmaking, what was his plus/minus? He did have a pretty good assist number, but does the team play better when he's on the floor?

Quote:
At the end of the day, I would play this conservative and max out Parsons, but there maybe ways to improve this team by overspending on second tier players even if you lose him to free agency.
Or picking up undervalued players other teams didn't want, as the Mavs have done for the past several years.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote