View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #94
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Pretty much. That's what happens when you spend year after year after year trading away picks and filling up your roster with aging veterans. That's why I'm actually looking forward to Dirk retiring and then we don't have to waste anymore years or resources foolishly trying to chase one last playoff run. At some point we have to tear it all down and start drafting players with actual potential.
See I don't think Dirk has to retire to develop young guys. This past season was a perfect one to start developing players, but there was still a very inconsistent commitment to guys like Powell, Anderson, and Mejri. None of those guys got even 15 mpg. I'm sorry, but you're never going to develop players if they don't get minutes...period. And all of them were good enough to contribute. But this whole play one game, maybe not play the next isn't working IMO. That might work for a seasoned vet, but young guys can have their confidence shot with such inconsistency.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote